[ROVERNET - UK] P6 Engine Sidecover

Vern Klukas vern at inkspotco.com
Wed Jul 9 21:28:10 BST 2008

>Ok, so my new one (RH) came in from England and those in the know
>say to have it zinc plated
>and powder coated and it will never rust..

Just a word of caution if you do get it powder coated. The coating is
inclined to flake at the bolt holes if you get any build up there,
which leaves a raw edge for moisture to creep into the interface of
the coating and the metal. Probably not a big deal, but if it were me
I'd just be looking for a really heavy zinc plating (hot dip would be
the best, not electroplated) and skip the powder coating.

Yours
Vern