[ROVERNET - UK] Re: Nostalgia

Glen Wilson rovercar at comcast.net
Thu Mar 6 17:59:31 GMT 2008

Magnet wrote:
> "Lucky Strike Means Fine Tobacco"
>
> Showing my age, I guess......
>
> But what would you walk a mile for?
>
> Cheers,
>
> -- BD

I know about the camel. I listen to Old Time Radio stations that stream
on the net. Some of the commercials from the 40's and 50's are just
amazing. Shoutcast has many such channels as well as an all-Goon Show
all the time station. There are many ways to listen to Shoutcast
stations, including directly from the Shoutcast website. Linux has a
very simple program called Streamtuner that browses a number of services
similar to Shoutcast and lets you find stations that are all folk, all
Hawaiian, all Led Zeppelin, all Pink Floyd or all cowboy music. Lots of fun.

Glen

Glen