[ROVERNET - UK] P5 Alive Club

JULIET KEILER lingfield51 at btinternet.com
Tue Mar 11 18:57:01 GMT 2008

Glen,
            The P5 Alive Club was formed after 'personality' clashes within the P5 Club. The Club was formed by a breakaway contingent mainly consisting of Kent based members. I assume (but don't know for sure) that it does still function as a Club with meetings and bi-monthly magazine etc. It certainly seems to be an active Club albeit a low profile one.

It's main claim to fame is the founding of the 'Darling Buds of May' rally each summer (see link below).

The rally takes place at Buss Farm, Bethersden, Kent which is where they filmed H.E.Bates book 'The Darling Buds of May' very popular on Sunday nights here in the UK in the early 90's which starred a then unkown Catherine Zeta Jones aka Mrs Michael Douglas.

I have been on several occassions and attended one of the first which was very small scale but as you can see from the link it has now grown to a massive event and very enjoyable to walk around 'Pop' Larkins home.

I have no doubt you could contact the Club through the email link on the website.... long way to come for a US resident but say the word and I'll have a longship diverted to your location.  ;-)

All the best

Alan Francis (partviking)

http://www.darlingbudsclassiccarshow.co.uk/