[ROVERNET - UK] Fw: P6B 3500S Master cylinder The Full l Monty- All is revealed !!

pjemail at aol.com pjemail at aol.com
Wed Mar 19 17:45:03 GMT 2008

I can't agree with all that Ruth says. It might be the case that you
can use an E-Type cylinder on a dual line 3500S, but they are
different, as she says, in the size of the air valve piston. I also
don't agree about the supersession. My 1985 Lockheed catalogue shows
the original number still for the Rover: 4212-566 and the E-type one is
shown as 4212-556. I know they are confusingly similar, but they are
different, as is demonstrated by the different information about repair
kits (SSB 925 for the Rover and SSB 916 for the Jag).

The correct cylinder 4212-566 can still be supplied.

Regards,

Pierre

Hi
Here is the authorative story on the P6B 3500S twin brake line master
cylinder, and rebuild kits . This is part of a long e mail from Ruth of
ABC , who has been doing a fine job of holding my hot sticky paws while
I ponder the tortured design of my Rover's braking system and attempt
to understand the anoraky details of rebuild parts kits .I think this
clarifies a complicated subject . I'm grateful to Ruth for such a clear
explanation and I'm happy to share the information with you all .
Please note that is ONLY applicable to the P6B 3500S twin brake line
system !!!
Cheers
Patrick
----- Original Message ----- From: "Ruth Burgess"