[ROVERNET - UK] Fw: Real Tips on saving gas......

David Read defender110 at ozemail.com.au
Sun Mar 23 19:49:12 GMT 2008

Oz experiences .....
Here in the bush, many outlet's underground tanks are filled less often,
resulting in water condensate settling in the tanks as they "breathe".
Very common to pick up a dirty fuel load. Many a stranded petrol vehicle
has been revived purely by clearing out the water in the system.

Bush fix is to tip a cup full of methylated spirits in with every tank
fill to emulsify any water deposit. This also keeps the fuel tank from
rusting out!

Often vehicles filled to capacity will vent raw fuel in the heat of day.
:-(

Cheers
Dave
South Oz.