[ROVERNET - UK] Rover 3500S C pillars

Glen Wilson rovercar at comcast.net
Sat Mar 29 15:04:00 GMT 2008

phing wrote:
> Hi
> I lived in the UK in the early 70's a time of un ending strife and
> stoppages the motor industry and its sub suppliers . Rover were adept
> at doing the " Wots in the stores Arry , right bung it on and ship it
> out " routine all through their post war producton
> My P3 had all sorts of ' non standard ' items , starting with the old
> design  front suspension which was supposed to have been discontinued
> long before IKB was assembled. RVW only has one wing mirror , the
> holes for the second mirror are plugged with plastic pips .Original
> Rover is an oxymoron and a fertile ground for anorak arguments .
> Cheers

Patrick,

Your P3 was assembled in Solihull, taken apart, boxed up, shipped to
Calcutta, put back together in India, and then driven back to England
overland before being shipped to the United States.  You're lucky
ANYTHING was original by the time you got hold of it. Maybe that mirror
got knocked off in old Bombay or Constantinople. But I'll bet the front
suspension in your Federal 3500S is the same as every other 3500S that
was imported into North America.

Unless you've taken that apart, too...

;-)

Glen