[ROVERNET - UK] Fuel costs and fuel supply

Netspace vmitps at netspace.net.au
Sat Mar 29 21:39:28 GMT 2008

The head of Shell rides a bicycle.
The head of BP rides a bicycle.
They both know the reality.
It is a fiction that economists believe (because they don't know facts!)
that oil will go down again.
We have hit peak oil, which is the maximum ground extraction rate.
The demand curve keeps rising, largely due to China and India wanting to be
like the West.
So the price Will keep rising.  My estimate is $10/litre by 2013, based on
what I have seen with electricity markets over the past 5 years.
Western economies rely on oil.
Hydrogen power for mobile energy desire is a myth - where is the hydrogen?
The channels to manufacture, distribute, store it do not exist.  The
manufacture of it would require energy input that does not exist.

Get used to high prices.
Ride a bicycle, for your wallet and the planet.

PVS, who does more kms on bike than in car each year.