[ROVERNET - UK] symptoms of a dropped cylinder liner

Robert Thornton R.Thornton at adelaidecitycouncil.com
Wed May 21 23:09:26 BST 2008

Do you know if top hat liners were used? If so they cannot drop. Dropped
liners are usually a result of a cracked block which also involves
coolant loss and steam cleaning effect on the cracked bore/piston. More
generally occurs on 4.6/4.0 RP38 Range Rovers with the increased bore
and thinner walls. Take the plugs out to see if any are unusually clean
before resorting to pressure testing the block.

Rob