[ROVERNET - UK] Raising the Rover

Tom Trafton v8rover at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 13 02:38:52 BST 2004

Has anyone tried to raise the rear end of a P6 to compensate for sagging
springs?  I would like to get the ride height up a bit;  the manual says
that shims up to 3/8 inch can be used but I want to go as high as 1 inch
(2.54 cm for those of you out there in civilized countries using a decent
system of measurement).  Also per Paul Smith's suggestion,  I want to
replace the springs with those from a P6B to get the ride a bit stiffer.  I
am thinking that the higher spring rate of the P6B rear springs will keep
the car higher but I don't know how much higher since I don't know the
spring rate for the 2000 TC springs.  The manual gives no stiffness
information, just free length and color code.  Anyone know the spring rate
for these springs?  (260 lb/in for the 3500 springs)  Anyone tried to shim
beyond the recommended max value?   All help gratefully accepted:-)

Cheers,

Tom