[ROVERNET - UK] Federal 3500S For Sale

Robert Arnold webgeezer at warbaby.com
Mon Aug 30 20:19:57 BST 2004

Hi All -

We're moving to Europe next month and I have to sell my project Rover
before we go. It's a 1971 3500S - nice mechanical condition, not so
nice to look at.

THE GOOD:

Rust-free California car with 130K miles.
Good strong engine, good oil pressure, reliable daily driver
All new vacuum hoses
New waterpump
New (rebuilt) radiator with oversize core
Front & rear calipers rebuilt
Decent interior
Excellent chrome

THE BAD

Window rubber deteriorated from California sun and needs to be replaced
Has A/C but compressor is out of the car (in the trunk)
Auto trans lock button doesn't work
Driver's seat is worn where the seatbelt comes around on the left side

THE UGLY

Paint is badly worn and oxidized
Car was hit in the rear - no damage to the body shell, but will need
to have the boot lid and rear bumper replaced

I've posted some pictures of it online at
http://www.warbaby.com/3500S.html. The car is located in Petaluma, CA
- about 40 miles north of San Francisco. I'll take the best offer by
the middle of September. Email me off-list and we can discuss it
without boring everyone else.

Robert

BTW - If anyone cares, the car was reputedly owned originally by Bob
Dylan, but I haven't been able to come up with positive confirmation
of this - California vehicle records don't go back that far.