[ROVERNET - UK] Verifying an Austin Texas Rover

Richard Elliott relliott44 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 31 02:09:14 BST 2004

Hello Rob,

Did anyone contact you about your request?  There are
not too many Rovernetters near Austin or Texas for
that matter.  As I am about 200 miles north, I am
probably one of the closest, so I'll respond.  I don't
have any firsthand knowledge of Rover vehicles or
owners from there (though I once lived and Rovered the
Austin way myself - another story).  It is possible
that I could act as a go between, if done so with the
permission of all parties but I would wish to do that
from the basis of an interested hobbyist, not in any
kind of agency.  I would like to assist in a
hand-shake deal.  Unfortunately, I am not able to
travel there at this time.

Paying for the services of an appraiser which is
bonded, licensed, etc., may be worth considering.

How Rover-aware are you?  The best suggestion after
"caveat emptor" is that any concerns or specific needs
that you can ascertain for the vehicle in question
could be submitted to Rovernet as discussion items.

If this Rover is "like-new - mint" or from Harrah's or
Jay Leno's private collection - then perhaps I just
may be able to fit in a trip to see for myself.

All the Best from Texas,

Richard Elliott
Rowlett, TX

P.S. By the way, my impartiality is assured -
Everyone's a friend here in "Tejas" and I had a
favorite teacher and also a pen-pal who were from New
Zealand.