[ROVERNET - UK] She won't budge...

T. Clemen tclemen at msn.com
Sat Jul 3 19:44:40 BST 2004

Hello all,

You may remember I asked about the location of the clutch fluid reservoir on
my 69 2000 TC recently.  Well the reason was, and still is, that my TC will
start and idle fine but when I attempt to put it into gear smoke bellows out
of the exhaust and the gears will not engage.  It will usually stall out if
I try this more than 2 or 3 times.  At first I thought the fluid was dry,
but if it is shared with the brake fluid then no.  I replaced the slave
cylinder rubber 7 or 8 years ago.  And of course when the car is not running
I can run through all the gears.  The clutch pedal feels good and and does
not sink to the floor or not return back.

What can you "Scions of Rover" tell me that would help (harm is never good)?

Thanks always,

Tom Clemen