[ROVERNET - UK] P6 Front Suspension

Ron Morey morey814 at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 23 05:26:58 BST 2004

Tom, the steering damper will also cause noise over bumps if it is low on
oil or worn. It is a very simple device that uses 90W oil to limit steering
vibration. If it has sufficient fluid that is clean then it is also possible
that the vanes or bushings are worn. If you are unable to locate a good
steering damper it is possible to disassemble and have the vanes built up
and machined. It is not as hard as it sounds. Hope this helps.
Ron.