[ROVERNET - UK] New Member - Just Starting Out - Tech Probs for Registration

Eric Russell p6rovers at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 13 20:00:27 BST 2004

Brian,
I just put my 1970 TC 2000 through "Air Care" without
the machinations I had to do last year.  The
acceptable HC is only 1036 ppm at idle while my
reading was 375 ppm.
My process:
Removed the carb covers, turned the jets to the level
flat of the bridge and turned each jet down 2 turns.
Checked the timing and adjusted it to about 3-4
degrees BTDC using the micrometer adjustment on the
distributor vacuum unit.
Readjusted the idle using the idle screw to about 1000
rpm.

[I have a Gunson's CO Digital Meter]
Last year:
Changed the jet needles (dropped the CO quite a bit)
Removed the crankcase breather pipe to each carb
(dropped the CO some)
Removed the air cleaner (dropped the CO some)
Detuned the car until it barely moved (leaned the
carbs - adjusted the timing)

Best wishes,
Eric

=====