[ROVERNET - UK] Re: Does "Blue Label" refer to the exterior trim?

Geoff Kirkpatrick britcarnut at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 14 17:17:46 BST 2004

Vern Klukas wrote -

>The "Blue Badge" cars were North America only, and as far as I know,
>only late 66 early 67 cars were painted like that. Personally, I
>wasn't overwhelmed with the look, I prefer a single tone P6 myself.
>Even the later cars with the vinyl sails look ugly, IMHO.

>Yours
>Vern

Did this trim package have a particular name or significance at the time?

I will try to take some photos in the next few days and post a link to
them so others can see and judge its aesthetic merits for themselves! :-)
For whatever reason, the local one I saw growing up made a powerful
impression on me, and I've always though it was an extremely handsome
look.

Geoff

=====
"This is the final test of a gentleman: his respect for those who can be of no possible service to him."
- William Lyon Phelps

Geoff Kirkpatrick, 382 Riverside Avenue, Ben Lomond, CA 95005, USA