[ROVERNET - UK] TC conversion

Larry lewill at ctcweb.net
Fri Oct 15 02:54:18 BST 2004

Bill,
    There is Conversion Components in New Zealand that also has a kit to
convert a TC to a five speed. The transmission is a T50 from a Toyoto
Corolla. This will reduce the RPM's at highway speed. Another way is to
install a 3500 rearend into a TC. Ian Potts told me that the reduction is
about ten percent. Tom Trafton installed 15 inch tires and this would also
be a way to reduce the RPM's. The tires have to be a larger diameter than
the stock tires. I hope this is helpful. Larry