[ROVERNET - UK] Rover rescued

Richard Elliott relliott44 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 14 19:40:16 BST 2004

Hi folks,

Kent, it was great to see you.  I am grateful for the
opportunity to help in the rescue.

Your car is very interesting for the low mileage and
as I had not seen the Dunlop brakes previously.  I
believe that Dunlops and no A/C are OEM for that car,
because it is an 'A' suffix.  I was quite sure the car
was in fact a 1966 model.  I am not sure about the
engine mounts.

By that time period, A/C was expected to be OEM or a
conversion on new cars being sold in North Texas.  At
a $4000+ asking price, the lack of this feature may
have caused this car to sit on the lot for a long
while.

It was fantastic to see a 'Blue Label' (our term) and
it brought back the fond memories of my own, which was
a '67.  How many are known to be in Texas?

Kent, let us try to locate the other 'driver'.  If you
can pass along any contact information for the
Diabetes organization to which it was donated, I will
try to catch up to their auction and perhaps throw out
a bid.  I may get lucky.

Also, I would like to point out that during my return
from Dr. Birdsong's, I realized he was not far from
where Rev. Hooks used to have his Rover dealership.
Does anyone know what happened to him and all those
P6s?  I last contacted him sometime in the mid '80s.
Perhaps Dr. Birdsong has some information.

from Texas,

Richard Elliott
1970 P6B NADA Tobbacco Leaf