[ROVERNET - UK] Fuel Leak Update

Slatskars slatskars at comcast.net
Sun Sep 5 05:29:15 BST 2004

Some SU carb models had a plunger that could be jiggled to clear a dirty
float needle. Don't know if that would be the source of your hole or not.
You might consider changing over to "Gross Jets" to cure your problem. They
do seal better than the standard type of float jet needles. Either type are
available through Moss Motors.

I had a float needle sticking on a brand new set of H Type SU's for my MGTF.
Cleaning reinstalling, what ever, just didn't seem to cure the problem.
Installed Gross Jets, no leak and the engine instantly ran smoother.

Slats
Vancouver, WA, USA