[ROVERNET - UK] Fuel Leak Update

Eric Russell p6rovers at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 5 17:13:45 BST 2004

Tom,
I had another thought.
I had a fuel leak I noticed on the top of the float
bowl.  After further investigation, it turned out that
the input joint was the problem.  The short brass tube
is press fitted into the aluminum top of the float
chamber after a joint nut and gripping/sealing collar
has been slipped on.  Years of removing and tightening
the joint for the fuel line to the top of the float
bowl resulted in the joint being overtightened and the
brass tube being able to move in the float bowl cover.
 I had fuel leaking from that location.  When the
current vehicle problems and maintenance have been
rectified, I am going to experiment with thread
tapping a brass tube into that location.

Eric

=====
Webmaster & Magazine Editor:
The Rover Car Club of Canada -  www.roverclub.ca