[ROVERNET - UK] Re: Rover 2000 SC Steering Box

Eric Russell p6rovers at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 22 16:38:41 BST 2004

I would add, be sure the front tires have almost
maximum air pressure so that the steering wheel will
have the maximum effect with all the wheels on the
ground.  I keep mine at 30 lbs.sq. in.  I have never
had idler box problems since 1988 when I started
restoring and driving my 2 Rover 2000s.  I did adjust
steering boxes and replace a seal during that time.
If the steering box adjusting bolt is screwed down too
much, it will grab.  The Club has a few steering boxes
and Ruth has locally matched box seals.  Re & re the
steering box would be a challenge.

Eric

=====
Webmaster & Magazine Editor: