[ROVERNET - UK] P5 MKIII front end question

peter king peter at king-co.com
Tue Sep 28 18:22:35 BST 2004

Hi all.

I've just completed replacing all bushes, ball joint, tie rod ends on the
driver's (rhd) side and installed new spax gas shocks on both sides of my
'67 MKIII, and while I have a very smooth ride for the most part, I am still
experiencing a hard shock on every depressed type of bump (like a shallow
pothole or low manhole cover) encountered on the right side,. Feels like a
direct hit from the wheel to the frame--very stiff jolt.

Shocks are set to softest setting (no difference when set up a few clicks)
The car sits evenly, torsion bars seem evenly set, wheel bearings ok...where
else should I be looking for the cause of this poor shock absorption? As
usual, any and all thoughts greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Peter King