[ROVERNET - UK] Goodies on Ebay

roland veetwinrider at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 17 18:06:44 BST 2005

Andrew, I agree with you. I too wanted the V8 equipped
P5, but do not want to deal with rhd. I heard of
others converting the entire subframe with a "B" model
and was told it was more work than worth the effort.
Most british cars are cheap to purchase, especially
saloons. Most of the ones I bought were way under
$1000. I got my P5 for $250, but have put much more in
it of course. I got my Austin A40 for $300, 1958
Magnette for $450, etc. You just have to be patient
and they will come. My P5 only had 2 spots of rust
that needed attending for the body. Of course it
needed interior work and needs rechroming of just
about everything. I also knew of it's sister car for
sale in my area, the San Francisco Bay area. Kent
Kinard had a P5 for sale as well. I may have a lead on
a 1966 saloon with overdrive, but the trans falls out
of third on coasting, but ran fairly well. Color was
burgandy interior tan/buckskin. He's a funny guy
though, his price goes up with interest in his car.
They are out there, depends on how much of the work
you want to do yourself.

roland
DL650
VX800