[ROVERNET - UK] A slow death

Lance La Certe lacpsyd at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 5 15:25:42 GMT 2005

Hi All!,

Need help with a perplexing problem.  '70 P6B 3500S.  Recently had
carburetors de-varnished, synchronized, etc.   The mechanic also rerouted
the fuel line away from the engine block because of concerns with
vaporizing the fuel.  Cobbled back together my old carburetor 'cozies' to
also help with heat issues-------regardless of all this work, when stuck in
slow moving traffic and the temperature gauge increases past dead center
(ever so slightly, and it never gets past the green and into the 'red
zone'), the car begins a slow death relative to a lower and lower idle.  If
I have the chance to get on the highway and get some airflow going it
automatically lowers the operating temperature, and then it idles
perfectly.

In the 15 years I have owned the car, this has never been a problem until
recently.  I know several Rovenetters have installed electric fans to help
the radiator, but I'd like to know if there are any other 'fixes' and any
explanations for what is happening.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Lance La Certe
lacpsyd at earthlink.net