[ROVERNET - UK] My Sterling's security system

Eric Russell p6rovers at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 15 02:04:23 GMT 2005

Likely totally unrelated but a crumb thrown.......

My wife's Honda Accord required a new battery.
Instead of paying rip-off dealer prices, we bought a
high quality other-brand.

I disconnected the old and installed the new battery.

The radio figured it had been tampered with by a thief
and went into "locked" mode.

I asked at the dealer and here is the detail which
worked:

Disconnect both leads to the battery.  Ground both
leads at the same time.  Reconnect the battery - yeah
...... problem solved.

Eric

=====
Webmaster & Magazine Editor: