[ROVERNET - UK] My Sterling's security system

Steve Pepper steve.pepper at wight365.net
Tue Feb 15 12:03:58 GMT 2005

Word of Warning I have been told that the electronics of the 800 are a nightmare to work on as there are security switches
installed. And if you disconnect and reconnect the battery terminals in the wrong order then it can damage the circuit boards. I was
told this by a qualified mechanic who also drives a 3500s. His words where "they are just not designed to be worked on at home like
the older cars are".

Another thing to check is the battery in the remote handset as that can affect the immobiliser I know this affects my 92 RR Vouge

Steve

24 Medina Avenue, Newport,Isle of Wight, PO30 1EL
email steve.pepper at wight365.net