[ROVERNET - UK] Meteor Spares - thanks steve

Alan Gale agale at ihug.com.au
Sat Jan 29 23:58:11 GMT 2005

Thanks steve ...
I will email him today.
I need to resolve if the car should be fitted with direct-poured big
ends or shell bearings.
The australian "restorer" who did the engine fitted direct pours which
were incorrectly machined.  So of course they have all run and one went
completely. I will be dropping the crank shaft later this month, and I
fear i will find direct-poured there, too.
This was about 2 years ago, but for various reasons I have only regained
custody of the car this month (never marry a lawyer, or if you do
consider divorce very carefully thereafter !!).
Mike reliably (and at a resonable price) supplied me with suitable parts
for my cyclops so I will return to him for the rover 10 parts i need if
he can supply.