Historic Restoration [WAS [ROVERNET - UK] Fuels and cars]

Peter Huttemeier peterhut at melbpc.org.au
Sun Sep 11 05:53:15 BST 2005

On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 23:02:25 +0930, Dave wrote:

>What concessions are there on the cost of registration?

Full concession on registration. There is no fee. There may well be a
fee charged by VicRoads to process the application (neither of my cars
are old enough yet) that I am not aware of.

You do however need to be a member of an authorised car club and stay
as a member each year for your CH registration to be valid. And of
course the car is only able to be used on official club events. You
can get a permit to use the car outside of club events, but there are
still many restrictions.

The AOMC (lead body for Victorian car clubs) and Vic Roads are in the
process of reviewing the rules, but no major changes are expected.

Cheers,

Peter H