[ROVERNET - UK] Transmission fluid/PAS fluid

Paul Smith vmitps at netspace.net.au
Sun Apr 23 04:03:35 BST 2006

Type F was Ford spec - has a higher shear strength, which affects the gear
change quality.
Borg Warner boxes used type F up to the mid 80s.
Then they changed their plate specs to use Dexron 3, which is pretty much GM
spec.
So if you have a rebuild using recent friction plates, Dexron is ok, but it
can move the shift points due to viscosity difference.

PVS