[ROVERNET - UK] Re: Starters - for SC2000

jDolan jhdolan at sover.net
Wed Aug 23 00:48:56 BST 2006

> Message: 1
> Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 00:17:34 -0700
> From: birdie <birdies at ix.netcom.com>
> Subject: [ROVERNET - UK] Starters - for SC2000

> Ok, the starter is coming off my SC2000. It doesn't work...probably the
> selenoid or ?
>
> I've been told there are two kinds with different bolting patterns - so,
> will know soon which one.
>
>  From Southern California....
>
> Anyone know best place to send it out for a rebuild?
>
> How much should that cost
>
> Or
>
> Should I find a new decent one?
>
> I have a quote for a complete rebuild for $315.00 here in LA, but think
> I should be able to do better.
>
> Or, is that in thae ballpark?

Is the starter for a 2000SC the same as is found on a 2.25 litre Land
Rover? I seem to recall that they are essentially the same. If they are,
you can get a rebuilt one for around $100 USD (with exchange/core) from
DAP in Springfield VT, or any local series Landie vendor. I could be
wrong about that interchange- I'll try to check.

jim  Bethel, VT
'60 P5 MkI 4spd w/OD