[ROVERNET - UK] Need an SD1 starter..Help?

Glen Wilson rovercar at comcast.net
Thu Aug 24 14:28:32 BST 2006

What are the options for getting a replacement starter for a 1980 SD1 in
the USA?

Any ideas besides these? Would a starter motor from a 1987 Range Rover
3.5 fit?

1.  I know Ted S. has gear-reduction motors. V8 starters are $225.

2.  Would a starter motor from a 1987 Range Rover 3.5 fit?  I think it's
a Bosch.
http://www.napaonline.com/masterpages/NOLMaster.aspx?PageId=430&CatId=11&SubCatId=4
Lucas Type 12 Volt Permenant Magnet Gear Reduction Starter w/ 9 Tooth
Gear w/ 1.4 Kilowatt Starter Clockwise
$169  or  $309

3. Partsamerica.com
http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductDetail.aspx?parttype=123&mfrcode=ATI&ptset=A&mfrpartnumber=16134
They quote same part for '87 RR and '80 SD1   $111

4. Anyone have a good used SD1 starter?  Guy who needs it is near
Washington, DC

Thanks.

Glen