[ROVERNET - UK] Rover P6B rear brake hoses

peter king peter at king-co.com
Fri Dec 1 14:00:19 GMT 2006

Gianni,

I replaced my hoses without removing anything, but having since
replaced the calipers, it's a much easier task if the calipers are
unbolted. However, to replace them without removing the calipers, the
trick was to loosen the outer fittings first, then just get the inner
fittings loosened, and turn them out using by twisting the brake
line, rather than trying to get at the nut with a wrench. The same
going back in, getting the lines finger tight by twisting, then
tighten wrench-tighten the last bit. Be sure to cover your outer end
of the line to prevent crud from getting in while you struggle with
getting this done in very tight quarters!

Best way is still to give yourself better access by releasing the
calipers so you can get at them.

Peter