[ROVERNET - UK] Front spring re-installation

Anders Hedelund Larsen anders at xoz.dk
Sat Dec 2 17:30:12 GMT 2006

I did it twice. As I did manage to get hold of some sufficiently strong
spring compressors,  I simply reinstalled; but asking around before
trying I did get the following advice, from someone who had had the same
challenge with other cars:

Compress the springs adequately while outside the car. Then wind them up
with lots of string (avoiding, of course, the first turn in each spring
end). Reinstall and cut your strings.

Will it hold? If in doubt use more and anyway you will know from the
start already before reinstalling.

Anders HL, Copenhagen, Denmark