[ROVERNET - UK] 3500S

Bill Robertson rover2000nut at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 6 01:53:50 GMT 2006

In another bout of clouded judgement, instead of selling the P3(the little
lady loves it) i've ended up buying my friends 3500S.......He suffered a
great financial setback and has had to sell off his toys.......I had a 3500S
in 1976 but it was like an afterthought hoping it would be my beloved 2000TC
but more powerful..........But i was dissappointed then by the slushbox auto
transmission and the general wishy washy suspension.............However 30
years later this car was too good to pass up, being fully restored in
1996......The body and base unit are in mint shape and the motor is original
with 65000 miles on it..........It does need some TLC however.........it has
not been driven in 3 years due to his medical problems........both the
bumpers are needing rechromed and as i drove it home i burned a plug wire
and fouled the plug..........Over the next while as i reaquaint myself to
the car i'll be looking for advice as i'm really a TC guy through and
through.........The 3500S will be for my old girl to drive i
think............well at least she thinks anyway   LOL.........I had asked a
few questions for him last month before he lost his job but since he didn't
do the work himself he isn't much help

Bill Robertson