[ROVERNET - UK] Pulling TC gearbox

Bill Robertson rover2000nut at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 5 20:41:22 GMT 2006

I've done both many times, and in my experience you are quicker and less
stress inducing pulling both the engine and gearbox together........Trying
to do the gearbox alone may save a few hours if all goes well but this is
rarely the case and you run the risk of misaligning the input shaft and
causing yourself undue stress and knucklebusting in a limited
area..........Pull both clean up everything , including engine bay, and
install new clutch release bearing and new clutch plate while doing it and
you will thank yourself in the end....Good luck either way

Bill Robertson

Enter the "Telus Mobility Xbox a Day" contest for your chance to WIN!  Telus
Mobility is giving away an Microsoft Xbox® 360 every day from November 20 to
December 31, 2006! Just download Windows Live (MSN) Messenger to your
IM-capable TELUS mobile phone, and you could be a winner!
http://www.telusmobility.com/msnxbox/