[ROVERNET - UK] Rover TC Series 2 question/

S Manwell s_manwell at alum.swarthmore.edu
Fri Dec 8 00:33:35 GMT 2006

Ben and Rudiger,

My father (Hank, also on this list) has two of  these Federal Series II
2000TC's in Syracuse, NY, so we have researched them a bit.  I believe I
have read somewhere that production was cut short and that some of the
222 produced were sold in Europe, i.e. never shipped to the States or
shipped back again.   Most likely, Ben, your car is one of those sold in
Europe, though Rudiger's idea of a member of the US or Canadian military
buying it in Europe with the intent to shipping to North America is
possible too.

It's surprising that so many of the 222 still survive.  I think we must
have come across a couple dozen of them in North America.

The Federal aspects of the car include the tandem circuit brakes, side
reflectors and turn signal repeaters, turn signals under the front
bumper, ambla seats with unusual basket weave pattern on the pleats,
icelert (late-type plastic one mounted on the front splash panel below
the bumper), emission control parts like carbon canister and various
extra carburetor do-dads, brackets front and rear for US/Canadian style
license plates, VIN number tag rivetted to the trim cap on the driver's
door, "wood" rim steering wheel, wood gear lever knob, rear seat
belts... am I forgetting anything else?

--Steve Manwell