[ROVERNET - UK] Front Struts

Kent Kinard kkinard at wcc.net
Tue Dec 26 02:39:05 GMT 2006

Hi Dermot,

Thanks.  That's why I asked others to comment on this. I
cannot find any evidence of changes in the front strut
assembly by looking in my parts books or microfische and
it's been ten years since I dealt with the bearing issue.
 I guess I'm going to have to order a set of CRC2240's and
try them since the part number applies to all models.  I
don't know where I got that except that I have had Series
2 strut tubes on my "want list" for a long time.  Maybe
the bearing changed without changing the part number, but
that seems rather strange.  The top mount (swivel) really
has nothing to do with the strut tube as it mounts to the
insert.  I guess I'm going nuts in my old age.  That's why
it takes a village to raise a child.

   If you have a pair of CRC2240's, I'll take a pair.

My first point stands, however.  The bearings do go bad
and must be checked under load.

Roverly,
Kent K.