[ROVERNET - UK] P6B Heater / Cooling system- To flush or not to flush?

Peter Mitchell peterm at arach.net.au
Wed Feb 8 04:23:52 GMT 2006

Hi Rovernetters

I hope that I am back on line.  I installed an Office 2003 upgrade and my
email changed to html; I think that is what took me out of the loop.

RE: My P6B's heater.  I followed recent advice regarding the clearing out of
a heater core by running some compressed air through it. It worked a treat,
and some granulated mineralised matter shot out, and I can pass water
through the heater both ways.

MY query is:  Now that I have a flow through the heater core, should I run
some radiator cleaner through the system to complete the process?

I am a little concerned that with an old car I might loosen some matter that
is blocking up a potential leak.  On the other hand, if there is a leak
waiting to occur, surely better to bring it on and get the problem sorted.

With temperatures in the mid to high 30's here, and an air conditioner to
support, I do want to keep the cooling system as efficient as possible.

Advice appreciated.

Kind regards

Peter Mitchell

Perth W/Aust