[ROVERNET - UK] De-coking a rover V8

Kent Kinard kkinard at swbell.net
Wed Feb 8 01:47:31 GMT 2006

Hi Gavin,
Almost anything strong enough to soften carbon will damage aluminium.  I
noted that there is a caution on this pressure pack also against use on
aluminium, but I have never had problems with this product.  I also
haven't let it sit for more than half an hour without flushing and
reapplying.  The only contents I could find  said "contains
monoethanolamine."  I would hesitate to use anything that is not an
identical product so we better just say forget it.  Sorry for the time
wasted.

Roverly,
Kent K.