[ROVERNET - UK] messages in triplicate

Gundry, Kenneth KG at dolby.com
Wed Feb 22 22:16:11 GMT 2006

Eric,

Although you didn't explicitly say so, I take it therefore that in that
period (16-19 February) you did not receive messages in triplicate.
However, your last sentence implies that the problem has been observed
before.

I think you are suggesting that one possibility is that anyone with more
than one email address, intending only one to be active for this forum,
may inadvertently have got two or more on the list, and therefore
received two or more copies of each message.  That makes sense, but
doesn't apply to me since I only have one address, and the problem
corrected itself around noon (Pacific Time) on Sunday, after which
messages arrived singly (and nobody would have been around at that time
this end to be making changes).  Besides, if that had been the case the
replicated messages would not have been identical; they would have had
different addressees and perhaps different times.  Ah, the addressees
point is irrelevant since incoming messages from the forum don't show
the individual recipient's address.

The fact that the problem corrected itself without intervention at this
end points to a mailing list server problem ... doesn't it?

Ken G, 1925 Rover 16/50 (San Francisco)