[ROVERNET - UK] Re: P6 Bonnet

Eric Russell p6rovers at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 17 17:05:50 GMT 2006

George,
The advice offered to you so far has been
well-considered.
The Rover 2000 hood latch panel is a different design
and piece of sheet metal than the 3500S
The Rover 2000 hood leading edge is thicker
The 3500 S hood leading edge is thinner and has
cut-outs for the spire nuts which hold the aluminum
eyebrow

Our Club has a new old stock hood that is the same
dimensions as the 3500 S hood but without the cut-outs
for the hood scoops. When I stood them up side by side
in my yard, they had the same outside dimension and
looked the same.  When I laid it onto my 2000 engine
compartment, I could see that it would not fit.

It would be possible for you to have the "no hood
scoop look" on your car.  Ruth might be able to help
with a transportation quote for you.  The cost of
shipping anything these days seems to be ridiculous.

Now,....... Kent said he is coming this way this
summer.  Maybe he'd consider an excess baggage charge
on your behalf  :-)

Eric

--- Pjemail at aol.com wrote:

> Why do you want to get rid of the scoops? Is it a
> question of aesthetics? Even if it i, taking  them
> off will leave the car less authentic, and I would
> think long and hard before doing that. In the UK,
> people are falling over themselves to get the three
> scoop bonnet look.
>
> Pierre Janusz

Webmaster & Magazine Editor:
The Rover Car Club of Canada -  www.roverclub.ca