[ROVERNET - UK] SD1 wheels on 76 P6B and NADA cars

Peter Mitchell peterm at arach.net.au
Mon Jul 10 13:12:57 BST 2006

Hi folks

There was some comment about the age of my P6B, in relation to the fitting
of SD1 wheels. As you can see from the subject line, the car is a 76 model
originally imported via New Zealand with seat covers made of kiwi hide (I
made that last bit up).

Originally I too was going to grind down the bearing caps so that the Sd1
wheel centres would go over them, but Peter Lawrence, a club member and
Rover mechanic for many years, suggested and implemented the fitting of the
SD1 caps.

Incidentally, and please forgive my ignorance on the acronym 'NADA'. I am
pretty sure that it relates to the modifications required to be made on the
US P6, but I do not know what it means.... I'd guess at North American
Design .....???

Advice would be appreciated,

Peter Mitchell
Perth Western Australia