[ROVERNET - UK] NADA

Eric Russell p6rovers at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 10 23:52:11 BST 2006

Geoff,
In my parts book dated September 1966 on page 9, there
is a reference to an engine and clutch assembly for
10:1 compression ration part number 601803*  with the
note "America. Dollar area"

So,....... I believe NADA means North America Dollar
Area.   It could mean "nothing" or "forget it - you
can't get it".

Eric

--- Geoff Kirkpatrick <britcarnut at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I've heard a few different opinions on this, but I
> think it's most likely
> an acronym for North American Distribution Area.
> I've also heard North
> American Dollar Area and I think one or two others I
> can't recall.  In any
> case, it refers to cars built for the North American
> market, ie the US and
> Canada.
>
> Geoff
>

> > Incidentally, and please forgive my ignorance on
> the acronym 'NADA'. I
> > am
> > pretty sure that it relates to the modifications
> required to be made on
> > the
> > US P6, but I do not know what it means.... I'd
> guess at North American
> > Design .....???
> >
> > Advice would be appreciated,
> >
> > Peter Mitchell
> > Perth Western Australia
> >

> "This is the final test of a gentleman: his respect
> for those who can be of no possible service to him."
> - William Lyon Phelps
>
> Geoff Kirkpatrick, 382 Riverside Avenue, Ben Lomond,
> CA 95005, USA

Webmaster:
The Rover Car Club of Canada -  www.roverclub.ca