[ROVERNET - UK] Merlin-engined 1955 Chevy

Sands sands2005 at home00.eclipse.co.uk
Tue Mar 7 20:52:37 GMT 2006

There was a guy near Ararat (Victoria Australia) related to or a friend
of the Motorcycle champion Wayne Gardner I believe, who built his own
bike. The engine was a 2 cylinder affair, but the cylinders were sliced
from a Merlin engine with a custom crankshaft machined up (don't ask me
how, I'm not an engineer). The motor was in turn attached to a  Ford
Cortina  gearbox.
Starting it was a bugger apparently, but i went like the clappers.

Sands  820 Vitesse   Norwich  ( formerly  Vanden Plas 3500,  Gawler
South Aus)