[ROVERNET - UK] Merlin-engined 1955 Chevy

Geoff Kirkpatrick britcarnut at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 7 17:56:28 GMT 2006

This car was on display at the "Dream Machines" car show in Half Moon Bay,
California either last year or the year before, I don't recall which.  It
is quite simply the most insane vehicle I have ever seen in my life.  The
engine takes up most of the passenger compartment, with the driver sitting
more or less alongside.  The workmanship is to Pebble Beach standards.
This guy is the Leonardo da Vinci of hot rodders.

Geoff

>Rod Hadfield from
>Castlemaine here in Oz who put a supercharged Merlin V12 in a custom
>built
>'55 Chevvy which was supposedly the most powerful road registered car in
>the
>world! The website is www.rodshop.com.au/project55.htm.
>It would be interesting to hear of Rover's involvement with these
>engines.

>Cheers,

>Ray Wilkins
>Melbourne, Australia
>1976 P6B

"This is the final test of a gentleman: his respect for those who can be of no possible service to him."
- William Lyon Phelps

Geoff Kirkpatrick, 382 Riverside Avenue, Ben Lomond, CA 95005, USA