[ROVERNET - UK] P5B

Kent Kinard kkinard at wcc.net
Thu May 18 23:32:19 BST 2006

Marc and Roger,
I am converting my P5B Coupe to LHD and can detail the
process for anyone who is interested.  Converting to
manual trans is also possible using the LT77 or RT380 and
an SD1 bellhousing, six cylinder pedal assembly and clutch
master.  The process is easier if you have a LHD Mk. III
parts car to rob.  The worst part is the wiring harness
and the MK. III is no help there.  I may give up and order
a LHD harness from Wadhams.  Wiring can be simplified if
you substitute a voltmeter for the ammeter in the
instrument pod.  The Dutch and the Swedes seem to have
gotten most of the LHD P5B Coupes.  Differences  include:
dash wood, column shroud, column drop, front drop down
armrest(should mount on the other front seat), emergency
brake  assembly, power steering box and  idler, PS high
pressure hose and front passenger footrest (need a right
hand side instead of left) under the carpet in the
footwell, brake line from master to servo.  There are
issues with the screen wipers, but I haven't gotten that
far.

Roverly,
Kent K.