[ROVERNET - UK] Springs and things

Lance La Certe lacpsyd at earthlink.net
Mon May 29 05:08:44 BST 2006

Hi all,

Am about to embark on replacing the bushings throughout the 'ol 3500S.  I
would appreciate some expert advice about the front (and rear) end
suspension, i.e., I'm assuming that I need to start by getting a spring
compressor to remove the spring before starting to take anything else
apart.  If this is correct or incorrect, any tips would be appreciated.  I
know there was a thread a while back about spring compressors.  Any further
suggestions about where I might purchase a good one???? NAPA, for instance.
Once the springs are removed, I would imagine that all of the
potential/kinetic energy (never could get my physics straight) in the
system has been released and I can proceed to dismantle the rest of the
system without losing any digits.

It appears that the rear end is a much easier affair.  Once I unbolt the
rear shocks, it looks as though the 'yoke' drops away and I can just remove
the rear springs??????

Enquiring minds want to know.

Lance La Certe, '70 P6B 3500S
lacpsyd at earthlink.net