[ROVERNET - UK] P5 Girling booster

Magnet magnet at roverclub.org
Thu Oct 19 23:32:45 BST 2006

I rebuilt the servo on my 1959 90 a few years ago and had the same
situation.  Apparently the friction between the leather, when pressed
out by the new rubber ring, and the servo case was too great for the
spring to overcome.  I polished the inside of the case with coarse
polishing compound and a buffing wheel till it had almost a mirror
finish, after which it worked as designed (the case had rusted a bit as
a result of fluid leaking into it from a faulty seal).  Stretching the
spring a bit might help, too.

Cheers,

Bill Daddis