[ROVERNET - UK] Replacement Boosters

Kent Kinard kkinard at wcc.net
Tue Oct 24 03:48:08 BST 2006

On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 16:14:53 -0400
  Glen Wilson <rovercar at comcast.net> wrote:

> Is this of interest to anyone?  Prices are in Swedish Kr
>
> http://www.cvi-automotive.se/resdela/5_bromsar/1_p1800brakes.htm

Hi Glen,

Interesting.  Most of the same parts (ie. rebuild kits)
for the Mk. II Girling are available from Moss for about
the same price with far less freight charge.  I think the
application is for an Austin Healey 3000 through BN7.  The
revised piston and seal design would be a huge improvement
though.  My recent experience with the Mk. II leads me to
believe that they are very rebuildable.  Most of us just
don't do it often enough.  It took me forever to figure
out which seals went in which direction because the
illustrations just aren't that clear.

Modern remote boosters are popular with the hot rod crown
because engine compartment space is quite limited.  There
is even one model that mounts in the boot!!!  I have a
goodly supply of Lockheed booster cores and will not be
shopping for a substitute as long as I have one that's
rebuildable.  I have considered going to a single circuit
system on the P6B the next time it acts up.  The system on
my 2200TC will provide the patern.  I think it's necessary
if you want to convert an NAS P6B to stick shift anyway.

Roveretardedly,
Kent K.