[ROVERNET - UK] Sale of Jaguar and Land Rover...Chrysler

Peter Huttemeier peterhut at melbpc.org.au
Sun Sep 3 03:00:07 BST 2006

On Sat, 02 Sep 2006 16:23:10 -0400, Glen wrote:

>Well, I don't know if there are Mitsubishi products now that used to
>carry the Chrysler name, but Mitsubishi definitely did not "buy"
>Chrysler!

They did here in Australia. Well at least the manufacturing facilities
in Adelaide in the early 1980's. Chrysler withdrew completely from the
Australian market at that stage. It is now making a comeback, albeit
in small quantities with the PT Cruiser, Voyager, Crossfire and 300C.

One of the ironic things about this at the moment is there is strong
rumours of Mitsubishi stopping production here, and guess who has been
talked about buying the plant? DaimlerChrysler!!! Unfortunately for
Mitsubishi the new 380 (Magna replacement) has not proved a sales
success and is said to be below break even production numbers at the
moment.

Cheers,

Peter H