[ROVERNET - UK] SD1 Leaking Power Steering

pj.info pj.info at bluewin.ch
Wed Sep 13 19:10:40 BST 2006

Dear Rovernetters

I already replaced once a leaking Cam Gears power steering rack (OEM part CRC
4519) in my late SD1 (LHD) with a reconditioned one which is now also
leaking. It appears that there is no LHD rack available anymore at this time
at Rimmers' and therefore I'm wondering if

- there is some other place (possibly Europe) where such racks could still be
available?

- if the rack has to be reconditioned down here in Switzerland, is the sealing
kit for Cam gears (GSV1123 - Rimmers') the right one for a LHD rack?

- how to figure out if the valves are ok or if they have to be replaced too
(Valve repair kit - Cam gears - GSV1124 - Rimmers')? If yes, is the latter
kit ok for a LHD rack?

btw. approximately what amount would you expect for a rack reconditionning
(seal replacement)?

 Thank you very much for your answer.

Best regards,
Pierre.